Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Evaluation Experience

Yesterday marked my first evaluation experience.
My first time had given to Temasek Polytechnic Toastmasters Club, Hali.
Felt ashamed that I didnt manage to give him a good evaluation in the 2-3min evaluation presentation even though I had all the information with me. But I totally have no idea how to organise them, it was kind of a total hay-wired. haha... Oops...

Even though I feel that I didnt express well in that 2-3min, but at least I managed to give him a proper debrief after the meeting. To be frank, I was very impressed with him. I couldnt find much fault in him except found him a little nervous especially between in the middle till the end of the speech. I liked his descriptions. His speech was about his LOVE and PASSION in riding. I could tell he really likes the feeling of riding. He described car and lecture halls as boxes that trapped stale air. I especially liked some of the words he used, "electric massage for my brain", "a system check for my soul", "process of motor-cycling forces me to the environment" and "always engaged to the outside world". Beautiful! I could see you were fantasied and you had also estancised me. Well Done!

Seeing Temasek Polytechnic Toastmasters Club, I was really impressed by the club.
Firstly, the attendance. I saw 30-40 participants. This was a very impressive attendance.
Secondly, the speakers. I feel that they spoke better I do!
Thirdly, they were ALL very enthusatic, passionate and committed about it!

I dont know what to say, I was just simply IMPRESSED by these group of youngsters!
Young, Bold & Furious!
It reminded me when I was in my poly life. I was rather active in activites during school holidays and pretty active in my own project team activites during my academic studying period. Everyday, I was a Happy guy walking around saying "Hi!" & "Morning!" to people, shaking hands with people & hugging people all around the school. haha.... Seriously, I enjoyed that.Even though I had still quite a number of poly friends still in contact, but when we met up. We were still joking and laughing but I felt that something had been missing. I believe the environment played an impt factor and perhaps all of us had grown more matured. haiz... Growing up...

Anyway to our Young Toastmasters:
You did a GREAT job! I had enjoyed the session!
Continue to be Young, Bold & Furious!
Enjoy as much as you can because after this stage of your life, it will be difficult to have this group of friends, feeling and setting. Even though u all will still meet up in the future, but the feeling wont be the same as what u are experincing now!

But please be reminded, your studies is still the priority!
All The Best and Hope to see you soon!

No comments: